|Title of the article
SOCIAL FUNCTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION IN THE CONTEXT OF A NEW EDUCATIONAL PARADIGM
Antonova Ol'ga Gennad'evna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of history, theory and applied sociology, Saratov State University (83 Astrakhanskaya street, Saratov, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The article analyzes the social functions of education and the development trends of the Russian higher school in conditions of transition to a new educational paradigm.The purpose of research – to identify the nature of changes in functions of higher education under the influence of modernization processes.
Materials and methods. Study and analysis of classical and modern scientific literature on this subject, publications of domestic and foreign authors, legal documents on education, journalistic articles and media materials.
Results. Modernization processes in education are caused by a change in the types of society, a change in scientific paradigms, cultural values and value orientations. One of the important areas of modern education is a change in its goals, a reorientation
to meet the needs of the individual. Along with preserving the traditional functions inherent in education from the outset, the priority is the function of social and cultural adaptation of the individual in the face of rapidly changing social changes. The personality-oriented orientation of modern education enhances its flexibility and dynamism. Education is transformed into a differentiated and open to the change educational services, able to provide each individual individual educational trajectory in accordance with his educational needs and abilities. Crisis processes in the system of Russian higher education are caused by the contradiction between the need to introduce a new model and the features of the modernization process in society. Of particular importance is the socio-cultural mechanism for changing paradigms.
Conclusions. In the modern concept of education, the values of education are determined by the needs of the subject, and not by external goals. The educational process unfolds in the cultural space, is not confined to the framework of educational institutions, accompanies the subject throughout the process of socialization. Consequently, the function of modern education is the formation of a new subject of development that can function in a postindustrial society.
higher education, social functions, educational paradigm, modernization, information society, continuing education
|| Download PDF
1. Funktsii i struktura sovremennoy obrazovatel'noy sistemy [The functions and structure of the modern educational system]. Available at: https://author24.ru/spravochniki/pedagogika/obrazovatelnaya_cistema_rossii/funkcii_i_struktura_sovremennoy_obrazo
2. Verbitskiy A. A. Obrazovanie i nauka [Education and science]. 2012, no. 6 (95).
3. Ob obrazovanii v Rossiyskoy Federatsii: Feder. zakon ot 29.12.2012 № 273-FZ [On education in the Russian Federation: the Federal Law from 29.12.2012 № 273-FZ]. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_140174/
4. Sorokina N. D. Sotsiologiya obrazovaniya [Sociology of education]. 2013, no. 11.
5. Mukhamed T. V. Kul'tura i obrazovanie: nauchno-informatsionnyy zhurnal vuzov kul'tury i iskusstv [Culture and education: scientific and informational journal of culture and arts universities]. 2015, no. 2 (17).
6. Antonova O. G., Vasil'eva E. N. Izvestiya Saratovskogo universiteta. Novaya seriya. Ser.: Sotsiologiya. Politologiya [Proceedings of Saratov University. New series. Series: Sociology. Political science]. 2012, vol. 12, iss. 2.
7. Kozlov I. I. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2014, no. 1 (29).
8. Modernizatsiya rossiyskogo obrazovaniya: problemy i perspektivy [Modernization of the Russian education: problems and prospects]. Eds. M. K. Gorshkov, F. E. Sheregi. Moscow, 2010.
9. Erkin A. F. Nauchnye i obrazovatel'nye problemy grazhdansko
Дата создания: 13.06.2018 14:16
Дата обновления: 01.10.2018 13:32